19 Jan Tune In Alert: “Broadway Profiles: A New Year on Broadway”
PIX11 Partners With the Broadway Channel to Air Exclusive Special January 21 At 6pm Et
NEW YORK, January 19, 2017 – PIX11, Tribune Broadcasting’s New York flagship station, has partnered with The Broadway Channel to present Broadway Profiles with Tamsen Fadal, a series of specials about Broadway and the theater community.
Hosted by PIX11’s Emmy-Award winning anchor, Tamsen Fadal, the latest installment, Broadway Profiles with Tamsen Fadal: A New Year on Broadway will air on PIX11 on Sunday, January 21st at 6pm ET and will feature:
- SpongeBob SquarePants has moved out of his pineapple and into the Palace Theatre, the star of this surprise hit musical, Ethan Slater, tells us what it’s like to bring an iconic cartoon to the Broadway stage.
- The Band’s Visit is the breakout hit of the season, and we’ll show you why. Ari’el Stachel talks about making his Broadway debut, and how his heritage and his upbringing have prepared him for this moment in time.
- The hilarious Laura Benanti explains why starring in Steve Martin’s hit Meteor Shower was a comedic dream come true. Plus, she discusses her friendship with Amy Schumer.
- Once on This Island is back on Broadway and more beautiful than ever. You’ll meet the 18-year-old star, Hailey Kilgore.
- Comedian John Leguizamo is giving a hilarious history lesson to Broadway audiences eight times a week. We talked to John about how bullies at his son’s school led him to create his one-man show Latin History for Morons.
- And Dear Evan Hansen is still breaking box office records, Rachel Bay Jones tells us how her own parenting wins and fails helped prepare her for the role of Evan’s mom.
Broadway Profiles with Tamsen Fadal is executive produced by John Gore, Tamsen Fadal, and Broadway Channel Senior Vice President Matthew Hege and produced by Keith Hurd. PIX11 has dedicated a special section on their website for the original on-air content at www.pix11.com/backstageonbroadway. The hashtag #BackstageOnBroadway will connect fans through PIX11’s extensive social media channels.
Founded in 1948 and owned by Tribune Broadcasting, a division of Tribune Media, WPIX-TV (PIX11) has long been regarded as a groundbreaking station in New York. In 2006, PIX11 became the flagship station of the CW Television Network and PIX11’s award winning news, successful primetime programming, off-network sitcom favorites, public affairs shows and outstanding event coverage have contributed to the station’s success. The station has been honored with numerous awards for excellence including nearly 300 Emmy® Awards (two for Outstanding Morning News Program and multiple Awards for Outstanding Newscast.) PIX11 also has a long history of local sports coverage and in 2015 became the broadcast home of the New York Yankees. PIX11 is also the broadcast station of the New York Mets, since 1999. PIX11 is also home to the New Jersey Lottery drawings. PIX11 engages with audiences across multiple social platforms; find us on Facebook at facebook.com/pix11news, on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope: @pix11news. For more information visit www.pix11.com.
About The Broadway Channel
The Broadway Channel is the premier network for Broadway video content, reaching millions of theater fans through a wide spectrum of media outlets. The Broadway Channel’s digital network includes dedicated channels with a host of cable partners including Cablevision, Verizon and RCN. The Broadway Channel’s digital network also reaches Manhattan hotel guests daily and national audiences through many additional media outlets. The Broadway Channel is part of The John Gore Organization family of companies, including Broadway.com and Broadway Across America. For more information, visit www.broadwaychannel.com or www.johngore.com
About The John Gore Organization
The John Gore Organization (JGO) is the leading developer, producer, distributor and marketer of Broadway theatre worldwide. Under the leadership of 11-time Tony winning producer and owner John Gore, its family of companies includes Broadway Across America, Broadway.com, The Broadway Channel, BroadwayBox.com and Group Sales Box Office. Its productions span Broadway, Off Broadway, London’s West End, Japan, Canada and 44 domestic markets. JGO won Tonys in every producing category as well as numerous other Drama League, Drama Desk and Olivier awards.