16 Apr PIX11 Wins 15 Emmy Awards
Including Best Morning Newscast, Best Anchor, Best Reporter and Best Promotion
NEW YORK, April 13, 2018—PIX11, Tribune Broadcasting’s New York flagship television station, today announced the station, and its site PIX11.com, have won a total of 15 Emmy® Awards. The New York Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences’ 61st Annual New York Emmy® Awards honor outstanding achievement in the television industry. To date, PIX11 has won over 360 Emmy® Awards.
The following are PIX11’s 15 Emmy® Award wins:
Morning Newscast: Larger Markets (1-49)
• Massive Nor’easter Slams NYC. March 14, 2017. (WPIX-TV). Brynne Gadinis-Anstadt, Executive Producer; Kala Rama, Anchor/Reporter; Anthony DiLorenzo, Reporter; Amy Waldman, News Director, Jacklyn Thrapp, Writer; Veronica Kennedy, Producer; James Ford, Reporter; David Kalmowitz, Director; Sukanya Krishnan, Anchor; Scott Stanford, Anchor
Feature News Report: Light Series
• Hidden New York. July 7, 2017. (WPIX-TV). Dan Mannarino, Anchor
• Unrest in America. January 29, 2017. (WPIX-TV). Zack Smith, Executive Producer; Dan Mannarino, Reporter; Tamsen Fadal, Anchor; Kori Chambers, Anchor; Paul Rosenberg, Photographer/Editor; Narmeen Choudhury, Reporter
General Assignment Report
• Detective Steven McDonald: Saint of the City. January 10, 2017. (WPIX-TV). Mary Murphy, Reporter/Producer; John Frasse, Photographer
• His Gloves Hide a Secret. July 21, 2017. (WPIX-TV). Mary Murphy, Reporter/Producer
• No One Is Safe from Son of Sam. August 10, 2017. (PIX11.com). David Hyman, VP, Marketing & Creative; Rolando Pujol, Executive Producer; Heath Benfield, Producer/Editor
Promotion: News Promo – Image
• Mr. G Runs. November 20, 2016. (WPIX-TV). David Hyman, VP, Marketing & Creative; Matt Santoca, Production Assistant; Mr. G, Talent; David F. McDonald, Writer/Producer
Promotion: Program Promo – Single Spot/Campaign
• PIX11 – Two Teams, One Station – New York’s Very Own Home for Baseball. February 16, 2017. (WPIX-TV). David Hyman, VP, Marketing & Creative; Mike Lee, Writer Producer
Promotion: Program Promo – Image
• Not on Our Watch – Crime Watch Daily. December 19, 2016. (WPIX-TV). David Hyman, VP, Marketing & Creative; Vas Mountzouros, Creative Director; David F. McDonald, Executive Producer/Sound Designer; Heath Benfield, Writer/Producer/Editor
Craft Specialty: Research
• James Ford, Jay Dow, Mario Diaz. December 12, 2016. (WPIX-TV).
• Zack R. Smith. September 30, 2016. (WPIX-TV).
Talent: Anchor – News
• Tamsen Fadal. October 1, 2016. (WPIX-TV).
Talent: Reporter – Political
• Mario Diaz. September 1, 2016. (WPIX-TV).
Talent: Commentator/Editorialist/Program Host/Moderator
• Tamsen Fadal
• Darren McQuade. January 27, 2017. (WPIX-TV).
Founded in 1948 and owned by Tribune Broadcasting, a division of Tribune Media, WPIX-TV (PIX11) has long been regarded as a groundbreaking station in New York. In 2006, PIX11 became the flagship station of the CW Television Network and PIX11’s award winning news, successful primetime programming, off-network sitcom favorites, public affairs shows and outstanding event coverage have contributed to the station’s success. The station has been honored with numerous awards for excellence including 360 Emmy® Awards (two for Outstanding Morning News Program and multiple Awards for Outstanding Newscast.) PIX11 also has a long history of local sports coverage and in 2015 became the broadcast home of the New York Yankees. PIX11 is also the broadcast station of the New York Mets, since 1999. PIX11 is also home to the New Jersey Lottery drawings. PIX11 engages with audiences across multiple social platforms; find us on Facebook at facebook.com/pix11news, on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope: @pix11news. For more information visit www.pix11.com.