19 Jul PIX11 To Air “Brooklyn Boxing Countdown” On Saturday, July 23
30-Minute Special Hosted By PIX11’s Andy Adler
July 19, 2016–PIX11, Tribune Broadcasting’s New York flagship station, will air “PIX11 Brooklyn Boxing Countdown” a 30-minute boxing special hosted by PIX11’s Andy Adler on Saturday, July 23 at 11pm.
PIX11’s Brooklyn Boxing Countdown segments include:
- Tony Danza Unplugged – PIX11’s Andy Adler goes one-on-one with the Brooklyn native at his Little Italy cheese shop, Alleva. Danza, a former boxer himself, shares his thoughts on the sport.
- Boxing 101 What does it take to be a professional fighter?Brooklyn’s own Heather Hardy teaches Andy Adler the basics of boxing at Gleason’s Gym.
- Leo Santa Cruz andCarl ‘the Jackal’ Frampton and– PIX11’s Jay Dow profiles Cruz, the undefeated featherweight champion and Frampton, the undefeated challenger, the main event matchup at Barclays Center on June 30th.
- Paulie Malignaggi – PIX11’s Joe Mauceri visits Brooklyn with the boxer who shares his history growing up in Brooklyn, how his career has flourished here, and what it’s like to now be able to fight at Barclays Center in his hometown. Malignaggi will be fighting Gabriel Bracero, a fellow Brooklynite, on the undercard at Barclays Center on June 30th.
- Bruce Silverglade and Gleason’s Gym-In the 31 years Silvergalde has owned Gleason’s Brooklyn, he has seen countless world champion fighters come through the gym, and there have been 136 movies filmed there, four of which have won Academy Awards. He shares his wealth of knowledge of the sport of boxing with Joe Mauceri.
Founded in 1948 and owned by Tribune Broadcasting, a division of Tribune Media, WPIX-TV (PIX11) has long been regarded as a groundbreaking station in New York. In 2006, PIX11 became the flagship station of the CW Television Network and PIX11’s award winning news, successful primetime programming, off-network sitcom favorites, public affairs shows and outstanding event coverage have contributed to the station’s success. The station has been honored with numerous awards for excellence including nearly 300 Emmy® Awards (two for Outstanding Morning News Program and multiple Awards for Outstanding Newscast.) PIX11 also has a long history of local sports coverage and in 2015 became the broadcast home of the New York Yankees. PIX11 is also the broadcast station of the New York Mets, since 1999. In 2014, PIX11 announced a long-term, exclusive content and marketing partnership with the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. PIX11 is also home to the New Jersey Lottery drawings. PIX11 engages with audiences across multiple social platforms; find us on Facebook at facebook.com/pix11news, on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope: @pix11news. For more information visit www.pix11.com.