24 May PIX11 Partners with the Broadway Channel To Air Exclusive Special May 27 At 6:30PM ET
Tune In Alert: “Broadway Profiles: And The Tony Goes To….”
May 24, 2017 – PIX11, Tribune Broadcasting’s New York flagship station, has partnered with The Broadway Channel to present “Broadway Profiles,” a series of specials about Broadway. Hosted by PIX11’s Emmy-Award winning anchor, Tamsen Fadal, the latest installment, “Broadway Profiles: And The Tony Goes To…” will air on PIX11 on Saturday, May 27th at 6:30pm ET.
“Broadway Profiles: And The Tony Goes To…” highlights Tony Award season on Broadway with stories of the stage and the city:
- Tamsen Fadal goes one in one with three time Tony nominee Andy Karl, star of Groundhog Day who is reliving a special performance after a frightening experience onstage. Karl explains what it takes to channel Bill Murray, and what it means to become Broadway’s favorite weatherman.
- Brian Darcy James who is back as King George III in Hamilton, talks about his second time around wearing the cloak and crown, and his role in the Netflix series, “13 Reasons Why.”
- We sit down with Jenn Colella, the Tony nominated star of Come From Away, at her favorite post Broadway spot to chat with her and the airline pilot who inspire the role in this Broadway hit.
- Okieriete “Oak” Onaodowan is taking Broadway by storm. First in Hamilton and soon in the Great Comet. He shares his thoughts as he gets ready to fill the shoes of Josh Groban in the role of Pierre.
- And it’s always sweet to hear what Christian Borle is up to. This time he’s got the Golden Ticket – first for his Tony nominated role in Falsettos and now as Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Tamsen Fadal and Broadway Channel SVP Matthew Hege serve as the executive producers for Broadway Profiles.
PIX11 has set up a special section of the station’s website, http://www.pix11.com/backstageonbroadway, where you can find original on-air content. The hashtag #BACKSTAGEONBROADWAY has been created for social engagement with fans through PIX11’s extensive social media channels.
Founded in 1948 and owned by Tribune Broadcasting, a division of Tribune Media, WPIX-TV (PIX11) has long been regarded as a groundbreaking station in New York. In 2006, PIX11 became the flagship station of the CW Television Network and PIX11’s award winning news, successful primetime programming, off-network sitcom favorites, public affairs shows and outstanding event coverage have contributed to the station’s success. The station has been honored with numerous awards for excellence including over 300 Emmy® Awards (two for Outstanding Morning News Program and multiple Awards for Outstanding Newscast.) PIX11 also has a long history of local sports coverage and in 2015 became the broadcast home of the New York Yankees. PIX11 is also the broadcast station of the New York Mets, since 1999. In 2014, PIX11 announced a long-term, exclusive content and marketing partnership with the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. PIX11 is also home to the New Jersey Lottery drawings. PIX11 engages with audiences across multiple social platforms; find us on Facebook at facebook.com/pix11news, on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope: @pix11news. For more information visit www.pix11.com.
ABOUT THE BROADWAY CHANNEL:
The Broadway Channel is the premiere network for Broadway video content, reaching millions of theater fans through a wide spectrum of media outlets. The Broadway Channel’s digital network includes dedicated channels with a host of cable partners including Cablevision, Verizon and RCN. The Broadway Channel’s digital network also reaches Manhattan hotel guests daily and national audiences through many additional media outlets. For more information, visit www.broadwaychannel.com.
The Broadway Channel is a subsidiary of The John Gore Organization (JGO). JGO is the leading developer, producer, distributor and marketer of Broadway theatre worldwide. Under the leadership of 9-time Tony Award winning theater producer and owner John Gore, its family of companies also includes Broadway.com, Broadway Across America, Broadwaybox.com and Group Sales Box Office. Its productions span Broadway, Off Broadway, London’s West End, Japan, China, Canada and 41 domestic markets. It has won Tonys in every producing category as well as numerous other Drama League, Drama Desk and Olivier awards. For more information, www.johngore.com.