03 Jun PIX11 Partners with The Broadway Channel to Air “Broadway Profiles with Tamsen Fadal” June 9 At 6PM EST
NEW YORK, June 3, 2019 – PIX11, Tribune Broadcasting’s New York flagship station, has partnered with The Broadway Channel to present Broadway Profiles with Tamsen Fadal, a monthly series of specials about Broadway and the theater community, featuring in-depth interviews with A-list celebrities, rising stars and special guests from Broadway, off-Broadway and the great Broadway touring companies across America. Hosted by 12-time Emmy Award winner Tamsen Fadal, Broadway Profiles brings you exclusive content and information you won’t get anywhere else. The latest installment of Broadway Profiles with Tamsen Fadal will air on PIX11 in New York on Sunday, June 9 at 6pm ET.
This month, Broadway Profiles with Tamsen Fadal features a focus on the 2019 Tony Award Nominations for the ‘Best Musical’ category:
- Tamsen had a chance to sit down with all five leading actors in “Ain’t Too Proud: The Life and Times of The Temptations” one of the most honored shows this season
- We talk to two of the stars Patrick Page and Reeve Carney of “Hadestown” on the most nominated show of the 2019 Tony season with 14 Tony noms
- “Beetlejuice” is also nominated for best musical and Tamsen sits down with the Tony nominated star – the man who plays Beetlejuice himself, Alex Brightman; and Beth Stevens interviews the other star of the show – the Tony winning set designer who brought it to life, David Korins
- We take you to “The Prom” with Tony Award winning Director Casey Nicholaw who now has four shows running simultaneously on Broadway
- And we’re on the red carpet with the stars of “Tootsie the Musical”
- Plus, Broadway.com editor-in-chief Paul Wontorek provides his Broadway.com minute
Broadway Profiles with Tamsen Fadal is executive produced by John Gore, Tamsen Fadal, and Broadway Channel Senior Vice President Matthew Hege and produced by Keith Hurd.
Founded in 1948 and owned by Tribune Broadcasting, a division of Tribune Media, WPIX-TV (PIX11) has long been regarded as a groundbreaking station in New York. In 2006, PIX11 became the flagship station of the CW Television Network, and PIX11’s award winning news, successful primetime programming, off-network sitcom favorites, public affairs programs and outstanding event coverage have contributed to the station’s success. The station has been honored with numerous awards for excellence, including nearly 375 Emmy® Awards. PIX11 also has a long history of local sports coverage, since 1999 PIX11 has been the broadcast station of the New York Mets and in 2015 became the broadcast home of the New York Yankees. The station is also home to the New Jersey Lottery drawings. PIX11 engages with audiences across multiple social platforms; find us on Facebook at facebook.com/pix11news, on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat: @pix11news. PIX11 also has a channel on Roku/Apple TV/Amazon Fire TV Stick/Android TV and can be found as an Alexa skill. For more information visit www.pix11.com.
About The Broadway Channel
The Broadway Channel is the premier network for Broadway video content, reaching millions of theater fans through a wide spectrum of media outlets. The Broadway Channel’s digital network includes dedicated channels with a host of cable partners including Cablevision, Verizon and RCN. The Broadway Channel’s digital network also reaches Manhattan hotel guests daily and national audiences through many additional media outlets. The Broadway Channel is part of The John Gore Organization family of companies, including Broadway.com and Broadway Across America. For more information, visit www.broadwaychannel.com or www.johngore.com
About The John Gore Organization
The John Gore Organization (JGO) is the leading developer, producer, distributor and marketer of Broadway theatre worldwide. Under the leadership of 13-time Tony winning producer and owner John Gore, its family of companies includes Broadway Across America, Broadway.com, The Broadway Channel, BroadwayBox.com and Group Sales Box Office. Its productions span Broadway, Off Broadway, London’s West End, Japan, Canada and 45 domestic markets. JGO won Tonys in every producing category as well as numerous other Drama League, Drama Desk and Olivier awards.
220 East 42nd Street 10 FL
NY NY 10017