12 Sep PIX11 Partners with the Broadway Channel to Air “Broadway Profiles with Tamsen Fadal: Falling For Broadway”
Exclusive Special Airs Sunday September 16 at 6PM EST
NEW YORK, September 12, 2018 – PIX11, Tribune Broadcasting’s New York flagship station, has partnered with The Broadway Channel to present Broadway Profiles with Tamsen Fadal, a monthly series of specials about Broadway and the theater community.
Hosted by PIX11’s Emmy-Award winning anchor, Tamsen Fadal, the latest installment, Broadway Profiles with Tamsen Fadal: Falling for Broadway will air on PIX11 in New York on Sunday, September 16 at 6pm ET and will also air on WSFL-TV in Miami on Saturday, September 15 at 11pm ET.
Broadway Profiles with Tamsen: Falling for Broadway will feature:
• The world premiere of BERNHARDT / HAMLET begins previews and we caught up with Golden Globe and Tony Award winning actress Janet McTeer on her first day of rehearsals as she prepares to take on the role of Sarah Bernhardt as Hamlet
• BE MORE CHILL sold out Off-Broadway before it began its run and now is headed for Broadway – we talk to composer Joe Iconis on how this show’s music became a viral phenomenon
• Tamsen sits down with Seinfeld’s John O’Hurley about returning to his favorite role on Broadway – Billy Flynn in CHICAGO
• KING KONG the musical is gearing up to be the biggest production this Fall – and we’ll give you a sneak peek of Kong on stage
• Nicolette Robinson steps into the lead role of Jenna in WAITRESS and talks to us about the powerful connection she has with the songs of Sara Bareilles
• Plus, Broadway.com Editor-in-Chief Paul Wontorek has a Broadway.com minute
Broadway Profiles with Tamsen Fadal is executive produced by John Gore, Tamsen Fadal and Broadway Channel Senior Vice President Matthew Hege and produced by Keith Hurd. PIX11 has dedicated a special section on their website for the original on-air content at www.pix11.com/backstageonbroadway. The hashtag #BackstageOnBroadway will connect fans through PIX11’s extensive social media channels.
Founded in 1948 and owned by Tribune Broadcasting, a division of Tribune Media, WPIX-TV (PIX11) has long been regarded as a groundbreaking station in New York. In 2006, PIX11 became the flagship station of the CW Television Network and PIX11’s award winning news, successful primetime programming, off-network sitcom favorites, public affairs shows and outstanding event coverage have contributed to the station’s success. The station has been honored with numerous awards for excellence, including nearly 375 Emmy® Awards. PIX11 also has a long history of local sports coverage and in 2015 became the broadcast home of the New York Yankees. Since 1999 PIX11 has also been the broadcast station of the New York Mets. The station is also home to the New Jersey Lottery drawings. PIX11 engages with audiences across multiple social platforms; find us on Facebook at facebook.com/pix11news and on Twitter and Instagram: @pix11news. For more information visit www.pix11.com.
About The Broadway Channel
The Broadway Channel is the premier network for Broadway video content, reaching millions of theater fans through a wide spectrum of media outlets. The Broadway Channel’s digital network includes dedicated channels with a host of cable partners including Cablevision, Verizon and RCN. The Broadway Channel’s digital network also reaches Manhattan hotel guests daily and national audiences through many additional media outlets. The Broadway Channel is part of The John Gore Organization family of companies, including Broadway.com and Broadway Across America. For more information, visit www.broadwaychannel.com or www.johngore.com
About The John Gore Organization
The John Gore Organization (JGO) is the leading developer, producer, distributor and marketer of Broadway theatre worldwide. Under the leadership of 13-time Tony winning producer and owner John Gore, its family of companies includes Broadway Across America, Broadway.com, The Broadway Channel, BroadwayBox.com and Group Sales Box Office. Its productions span Broadway, Off Broadway, London’s West End, Japan, Canada and 44 domestic markets. JGO won Tonys in every producing category as well as numerous other Drama League, Drama Desk and Olivier awards.