03 Oct KTVI/FOX 2 St. Louis Wins 5 Emmy® Awards
Station Honored for Best Evening Newscast, Breaking News, Environment, Politics/Government
October 3, 2016—KTVI/ FOX2, Tribune Broadcasting’s St. Louis station, is pleased to announce it has been awarded 5 Emmy® Awards by the the Mid-America Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. The 40th annual Mid-America Regional Emmy® Awards honored outstanding achievement in the television industry at a ceremony on October 1 in Branson, Missouri.
The following are KTVI’s 5 Emmy® Award wins:
- BREAKING NEWS: KTVI Michael Brown Anniversary Shooting: Kevin Pope, Elliott Davis, Larry Washington, Dave Sharp, Chris Hayes, Joe Lamie, Rafer Weigel, Sandy Miller, Audrey Prywitch and Mick Bond, KTVI, St. Louis, MO.
- ENVIRONMENT – NEWS SINGLE STORY/PROGRAM FEATURE SEGMENT: The Oil Train Pipeline: Dave Sharp, Chris Hayes, KTVI, St. Louis, MO
- ON-CAMERA TALENT – TRANSPORTATION/TRAFFIC: Steven Meyers (awarded posthumously)
- POLITICS/GOVERNMENT – NEWS STORY/PROGRAM FEATURE SEGMENT: Vets Battle Their Own Government Over Invisible Enemy: Dave Sharp, Chris Hayes, KTVI St. Louis, MO.
- BEST NEWSCAST-EVENING (Markets 1-49): 5PM Newscast – Historic Flooding Devastates St. Louis: Alicia McPherson, KTVI, St. Louis, MO.
“We are honored to receive the recognition and especially grateful that photographer Steve Meyers posthumously won the On Camera talent: Transportation /Traffic Emmy,” said Audrey Prywitch, News Director. “Steve’s family watched the ceremony online and will be given the statue to keep in their home as a reminder of Steve’s incredible talent and years of valuable service to our stations.”
KTVI FOX 2 is a top-performing FOX Broadcasting affiliate, producing over 65 hours of live news and local programming each week. For more information, visit www.fox2now.com. KTVI FOX 2 is a Tribune Broadcasting station.
ABOUT TRIBUNE MEDIA:
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, available in nearly 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and Gracenote, one of the world’s leading sources of video, music and sports metadata, powering electronic program guides in televisions, automobiles and mobile devices. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds other strategic investments in media. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com.