12 Sep KTVI/FOX 2 & KPLR 11 St. Louis Win 5 Regional Emmy® Awards
FOX 2 Honored for News Excellence
September 12, 2017 —KTVI/ FOX2 and KPLR 11, Tribune Broadcasting’s St. Louis stations, are pleased to announce it has been awarded 5 cumulative Emmy® Awards, by the Mid-America Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. The 41st annual Mid-America Regional Emmy® Awards honored outstanding achievement in the television industry at a ceremony on September 9th in St. Louis, Missouri.
The following are the KTVI & KPLR Emmy® Award wins:
- SPOT NEWS – KTVI Officer Blake Snyder Recipients: Glen Seibold, Doug Larsen, Chris Regnier, Danielle Scruggs, Jamar Black, Lisa Hart
- FEATURE NEWS REPORT, SERIOUS FEATURE – KTVI Ambush Shooting Recipient: Andy Banker
- SPECIAL EVENT COVERAGE (OTHER THAN NEWS OR SPORTS) LIVE OR EDITED – KTVI Officer Blake Snyder Funeral Coverage Recipients: Susan Brubaker, Joe Lamie
- SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT PROGRAM/SPECIAL – KPLR Presidential Libraries, Museums, and More Recipients: Kimberly Young, Patrick Clark
- NEWS EXCELLENCE: KTVI Audrey Prywitch
“We are honored receive the recognition and win these prestigious awards,” said Audrey Prywitch, VP/News Director for FOX 2 & KPLR 11.
KTVI FOX 2 is a top-performing FOX Broadcasting affiliate, producing over 68 hours of live news and local programming each week. For more information, visit www.fox2now.com. KPLR 11 The CW is St. Louis’ CW network affiliate, programming a strong schedule of news, sports and entertainment. For additional information, visit KPLR-TV’s website at www.kplr11.com. Both stations are Tribune Broadcasting stations.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information, please visit www.tribunemedia.com.