27 Nov KTLA 5 Is Los Angeles’ Most Watched Local Am News and 10p News
KTLA Finishes #1 In Key Demos with Weekday and Weekend Am News, Daytime News, 10p News, and Sports Final
KTLA.Com Also Continues To Achieve High Ranks
LOS ANGELES – November 27, 2017 – KTLA, Tribune Broadcasting’s Los Angeles television station, continued to grow its viewership in the recently-completed November sweeps period. KTLA News finished with a first-place local news rank in in key demos including A18-49 and A25-54 for AM News, Daytime News, 10PM News, and Sports Final.
Digitally, according to Comscore, KTLA.com has ranked among the top 5 broadcast sites across the country every month of 2017, and top 3 in 7 out of 10 months.
“KTLA5 is Southern California’s #1 source for local news coverage and the November sweep is a continuation of KTLA’s record breaking ratings success,”” said Don Corsini President and General Manager. “KTLA5 news’ viewership leads in mornings (Monday thru Sunday), daytime, and in prime time. We are especially proud of KTLA’s newest daytime newscast, News at 10a, which ranks #1 in its first November sweep.”
WEEKDAY MORNING NEWS
KTLA’S AM NEWS ROTATION (4-10a) IS THE MOST WATCHED WEEKDAY AM NEWS
• Watched by more viewers than any other local weekday news block, ranking #1 in Households, Total Persons, A18-49, and A25-54
• KTLA’s morning weekday news rotation (4-10a) is one of few in the market to grow in viewership, up +10% in Total Persons over Nov ’16.
• 5-6a: Highly watched at 5a. KTLA ranked #1 for its 3rd consecutive November sweep with A18-49 and 2nd consecutive November sweep with A25-54.
• 6-7a: KTLA is the most watched 6-7a newscast in L.A. KTLA won its 7th consecutive November sweep with A18-49 (0.9) and 6th consecutive November sweep with A25-54. (1.2)
• 7-9a: KTLA is the most watched 7-9a newscast in L.A. KTLA won its 7th consecutive November sweep with A18-49 (1.1) and 9th consecutive November sweep with A25-54 (1.4).
• 9-10a: KTLA is the most watched 9-10a newscast in L.A. KTLA won its 8th consecutive November sweep with A18-49 (0.7) and 5th consecutive sweep with A25-54. (0.8)
WEEKEND MORNING NEWS
MOST WATCHED WEEKEND MORNING NEWS
• KTLA weekend morning news block (6-10a) ranks #1 in Households, Total persons, A18-49, and A25-54. KTLA’s morning weekday news rotation is one of few in the market to grow, up +21% in households and +13% with A25-54 over Nov ’16. From 7-10a, KTLA’s weekend newscasts hold the #1 news rank with A18-49 and A25-54.
MOST WATCHED DAYTIME NEWS
• In its first November sweep, KTLA’s newest daytime newscast, News at 10a, ranks #1 with A18-49 (0.5) and A25-54 (0.5) among all local weekday 10a-4p newscasts. News at 10a grew KTLA’s A18-49 audience +67% and +25% with A25-54 over Nov ’16.
• KTLA News at 1p ranks #1 in its time period with A18-49 (0.4) and A25-54 (0.4)
• KTLA News at 3p ties for the #1 news rank with A18-49 in its time period.
EARLY NEWS (WEEKNIGHTS)
• KTLA’s 6-7pm hour consistently tops veteran affiliate KCBS’ 6-7p news hour, and remains competitive with other weekday 4-6p local news hours in key demos.
MOST WATCHED MONDAY-SUNDAY 10PM NEWSCAST
• 10-11p: News at Ten ranked #1 with Households and Persons 2+ to claim the Highest 10p Viewership (97,000 Households/Persons 2+ 124,000)
• Both KTLA’s News at 10p and Sports Final occupied the #1 rank with Households, Persons 2+, A18-49, and A25-54 compared to other local newscasts.
• 11-11:30p: KTLA News at 11p stood out among declining affiliate competition. Monday thru Sunday, KTLA News at 11p ranked #2 with A18-49 (up +67%) and tied for #3 with A25-54 (up +20%) vs Nov ‘16.
“KTLA’s news teams are dedicated to bringing viewers the highest quality coverage, we are grateful to the viewers of Los Angeles who continue to turn to KTLA to get news and information, and we appreciate their loyalty,” said Jason Ball, Vice President and News Director, KTLA 5.
ABOUT TRIBUNE MEDIA:
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 32% interest in CareerBuilder, LLC and a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com.