26 Oct KTLA 5 Is Los Angeles’ Most Watched Local Am News And 10p News
KTLA Finishes #1 In Key Demos With Weekday And Weekend Am News, Daytime News, 10p News, And Sports Final
KTLA.Com Social Media Ranks #1 In Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES – October 26, 2018 – KTLA, Tribune Broadcasting’s Los Angeles television station, continued to grow its viewership in the recently-completed October sweep period. KTLA News finished with a first-place local news rank in in key demos including A18-49 and A25-54 for AM News, Daytime News, 10PM News, and Sports Final.
Digitally, KTLA’com’s October ’18 social media presence is #1 in the market with 5.6 million total followers including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram users.
“KTLA5 is proud to maintain its legacy of being Southern California’s #1 source for local news coverage. The October ratings book is a continuation of KTLA’s record-breaking ratings success and dedication to our viewers who continue to turn to KTLA for news and information,” said Don Corsini, President and General Manager.
WEEKDAY MORNING NEWS
KTLA’S AM NEWS BLOCK (4-10a) IS THE MOST WATCHED WEEKDAY AM NEWS
• Watched by more viewers than any other local weekday news block, ranking #1 in Households, Total Persons, A18-49, and A25-54
• 5-6a: KTLA is the most watched 5a newscast in L.A. KTLA won its 3RD consecutive October book with A25-54 (0.7). Holds #1 A18-49 and A25-54 rank in every book since Oct ’17.
• 6-7a: KTLA is the most watched 6a newscast in L.A. KTLA won its 7TH consecutive October book with A18-49 (1.0) and 8TH consecutive October book with A25-54 (1.2) Holds #1 A18-49 rank in every book since Oct ’15 and #1 A25-54 rank in every book since May ‘15.
• 7-9a: KTLA is the most watched 7-9a newscast in L.A. KTLA won its 7TH consecutive October book with A18-49 (1.0) and A25-54 (1.3). #1 with both A18-49 and A25-54 in every consecutive book since July ’15.
• 9-10a: KTLA is the most watched 9-10a newscast in L.A. KTLA won its 5TH consecutive October book with A18-49 (0.7) and 8TH with A25-54 (1.0). #1 with both A18-49 and A25-54 in every consecutive book since September ‘16.
WEEKEND MORNING NEWS
MOST WATCHED WEEKEND MORNING NEWS
• KTLA weekend morning news block (6-10a) ranks #1 in Households, Total Persons, A18-49, and A25-54. From 6-11a, KTLA’s weekend newscasts hold the #1 local news rank with A18-49 and A25-54. KTLA’s newest weekend am hour, News at 10a Saturday and Sunday, earned impressive gains in its first October book performance with a +150% increase with A18-49 (0.5) and +100% increase with A25-54 (0.8) compared to KTLA’s Oct ’17 Sat-Sun 10-11a deliveries.
MOST WATCHED DAYTIME NEWS
• KTLA’s 10a, 11a, 1p, and 3p daytime newscasts all ranked #1 in their respective time periods with A18-49 and A25-54.
• KTLA’s News at 10a stands as the highest ranked local 10a-4p weekday newscast with key demos including A18-49 (0.5) and A25-54 (0.6, +20% vs. Oct ’17).
• KTLA’s newest daytime newscast, News at 11a, garnered noteworthy gains with A18-49 (0.4, +33%) compared to KTLA’s Oct ‘17 11a time period.
EARLY NEWS (WEEKNIGHTS)
• KTLA’s 6-7pm hour consistently tops veteran affiliate KCBS’ 6-7p news hour, and remains competitive with other weekday 4-6p local news hours in key demos.
MOST WATCHED MONDAY-SUNDAY 10PM NEWSCAST
• 10-11p: News at Ten ranked #1 with Households and Persons 2+ to claim the Highest 10p Viewership.
• Both KTLA’s News at 10p and Sports Final generated #1 ranks with Households, Persons 2+, A18-49, A25-54, and M25-54 compared to other local newscasts. Both ranked #1 for the 3RD consecutive October book with A18-49 and A25-54.
• 11-11:30p: KTLA News at 11p stood out among affiliate competition. Monday thru Sunday, KTLA News at 11p grew +25% with A18-49 (0.5) and posted a 0.6 with A25-54 to be a close competitor among affiliate competition.
“I’m incredibly proud of KTLA’s news teams and their determination to bring viewers the highest quality coverage,” said Jason Ball, VP/News Director, KTLA and VP Content Development, Tribune Media.
Source: Los Angeles Nielsen Live+SD
ABOUT TRIBUNE MEDIA:
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 50 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 77 million households, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 54 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV, and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel.
220 East 42nd Street 10 FL
NY NY 10017