28 Nov KTLA 5 Is Los Angeles’ Most Watched Local AM News
KTLA Is #1 Ten PM News, #1 Daytime News And #1 Weekend AM News
KTLA Sports Final Ranks #1
November 28, 2016 – KTLA, Tribune Broadcasting’s Los Angeles television station, continues growing its viewership, registering impressive gains in key ratings demos in the recently-completed November sweeps period. With a first place rank in AM News, Daytime News, 10PM News, Weekend AM News and Sports Final, the station’s local news is watched by more adults 18-49 and 25-54 than any other in Los Angeles.
“KTLA5 continues to maintain its legacy of local news leadership, and remains Southern California’s #1 source for local news coverage” said Don Corsini President and General Manager. KTLA5 news’ viewership leads in mornings (Monday thru Sunday), daytime, and in prime time. KTLA5 has shown tremendous growth in in other local news time periods including early and late news. The November sweep is a continuation of KTLA’s record breaking ratings success, of which we are very proud.”
WEEKDAY MORNING NEWS
KTLA’S AM NEWS ROTATION (4-10a) IS THE MOST WATCHED WEEKDAY AM NEWS
- watched by more viewers than any other local weekday news block , ranking #1 in Households, Total persons, A18-49, and A25-5
- KTLA’s morning weekday news rotation is one of few in the market to grow A25-54, up +29% over Nov ’15.
- 5-6a: KTLA is the most watched 5-6a newscast in L.A. KTLA regained its #1 A25-54 (0.7) November sweep performance, established in 2014.
- 6-7a: KTLA is the most watched 6-7a newscast in L.A. KTLA won its 6th consecutive November sweep with A18-49 (0.8) and 5th consecutive November sweep with A25-54. (1.3) KTLA 6a and 7A newscasts hold a +0.4-0.5 RA18-49 and +0.7 RA25-54 advantage over their closest competitors
- 7-9a: KTLA is the most watched 7-9a newscast in L.A. KTLA won its 6th consecutive November sweep with A18-49 (0.9) and 8th consecutive November sweep with A25-54 (1.3).
- 9-10a: KTLA is the most watched 9-10a newscast in L.A. KTLA won its 7th consecutive November sweep with A18-49 (0.6) and 4th consecutive sweep with A25-54. (0.8)
WEEKEND MORNING NEWS
MOST WATCHED WEEKEND MORNING NEWS
- KTLA weekend morning news block (6-10a) ranks #1 in Households, Total persons, A18-49, and A25-54. No other local weekend news competitor can match KTLA’s exceptional rating levels and growth. From 7-10a newscasts are #1 from 7-10a with A18-49 and A25-54, and garner ratings growth of 33%-100%.
MOST WATCHED DAYTIME NEWS
- KTLA News at 1p ranks #1 in its time period with A18-49 (0.3) and A25-54 (0.4)
- KTLA News at 3p ties or beats the majority of local 10a-5p competitors with A25-54 (0.3)
- EARLY NEWS (WEEKNIGHTS)KTLA’s 6p news has grown to the #2 A18-49 rank for the first time.
- Both KTLA’s 6p and 6:30p newscasts have grown +50% to a 0.3.
- KTLA’s 6-7pm hour has also grown +67% with A25-54 (0.5), ranking #3, topping affiliate competition.
MOST WATCHED MONDAY-SUNDAY 10PM NEWSCAST
- 10-11p: News at Ten ranked #1 with Households and Persons 2+ to claim the Highest 10p Viewership (113,000 Households, +11%/Persons 2+ 155,000, +13%)
- KTLA’s News at 10p posts a +13% gain with A25-54
- KTLA Sports Final also ranked as the #1 prime sports news show with Households, Persons 2+, and A18-49.
- KTLA News at 11p stood out among declining affiliate competition. KTLA News at 11p weeknight A 25-54 viewership was up +20% (0.6) tying KCBS for the #3 rank. “KTLA’s news teams work very hard, and it is gratifying to have our newscasts preferred by the viewers of Los Angeles, we appreciate their loyalty and dedication to the station” said Jason Ball, Vice President and News Director, KTLA 5. Source: Los Angeles Nielsen Live+SD
ABOUT TRIBUNE MEDIA:
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and Gracenote, one of the world’s leading sources of video, music and sports metadata, powering electronic program guides in televisions, automobiles and mobile devices. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds other strategic investments in media. For more information please visitwww.tribunemedia.com.