01 Mar KTLA 5 Is Los Angeles’ Most Watched Local AM and 10p News
KTLA Wins 11p News Race with A18-49 For the First Time Ever!
KTLA Finishes #1 In Key Demos with Weekday and Weekend Am News, Daytime News, 10p News and Sports Final
KTLA.com Also Continues to Achieve High Ranks
LOS ANGELES – February 28, 2019 – KTLA, Tribune Broadcasting’s Los Angeles television station, continued to grow its viewership in the recently-completed February sweep period. KTLA News finished with a first-place local news rank in key demos including A18-49 and A25-54 for AM News, Daytime News, 10PM News, and Sports Final. For the first time in a sweep, KTLA also finished FIRST with A18-49 in the highly competitive 11p news time period.
Digitally, KTLA.com’s February ’19 social media presence is #1 in the market with over 6.1 million total followers including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram users.
“KTLA is proud to continue its legacy of news leadership as Southern California’s #1 source for local news coverage,” said Don Corsini, President and General Manager. “KTLA’s weekday 4-10a and weekend 6-10a morning blocks, daytime news at 10a, 11a, and 1p and the station’s 10pm and 11p newscasts continue to rank #1 ahead of all local news competitors, and we are grateful for the loyalty of our viewers.”
WEEKDAY MORNING NEWS
KTLA’S AM NEWS BLOCK (4-10a) IS THE MOST WATCHED WEEKDAY AM NEWS
- Watched by more viewers than any other local weekday news block, ranking #1 in Households, Total Persons, A18-49, and A25-54. KTLA’s morning news 4-10a rotation was one of few to grow in Feb ’19, increasing its Total Persons’ viewership +25% (1.0 rtg, 162,000 impressions) over Feb ’18.
- 5-6a: KTLA is the most watched 5a newscast in L.A. KTLA won its 4TH consecutive February book with A18-49 (0.3) and 5TH consecutive February book with A25-54 (0.5). KTLA is #1 in every consecutive rating period with A18-49 and A25-54 since Oct ’17.
- 6-7a: KTLA is the most watched 6a newscast in L.A.KTLA won its 5TH consecutive February book with A18-49 (1.0) and 8TH consecutive February book with A25-54 (1.2). KTLA holds #1 A18-49 rank in every book since Oct ’15 and #1 A25-54 rank in every book since May ‘15.
- 7-9a: KTLA is the most watched 7-9a newscast in L.A.KTLA won its 5TH consecutive February book with A18-49 (1.2) and 8TH consecutive February book with A25-54 (1.5). KTLA is #1 with both A18-49 and A25-54 in every consecutive book since July ’15.
- 9-10a: KTLA is the most watched 9-10a newscast in L.A.KTLA won its 7TH consecutive February book with A18-49 (0.8) and 8TH with A25-54 (1.1). KTLA is #1 with both A18-49 and A25-54 in every consecutive book since September ‘16.
WEEKEND MORNING NEWS
MOST WATCHED WEEKEND MORNING NEWS
- KTLA weekend morning news block (6-10a) ranks #1 in Households, Total Persons, A18-49, and A25-54. KTLA’s morning news weekend 6-10a rotation was one of few to grow in Feb ’19, increasing its Total Persons viewership +22% (1.1 rtg, 177,000 impressions) over Feb ’18.
- KTLA’s weekend 7-11a newscasts hold the #1 local news rank with A18-49 and A25-54.
MOST WATCHED DAYTIME NEWS
- KTLA’s 10a, 11a, and 1p daytime newscasts all ranked #1 in their respective time periods with A18-49 and A25-54.
- KTLA’s News at 10a stands as the highest ranked local 10a-4p weekday newscast with key demos including A18-49 (0.6, +50%) and A25-54 (0.8, +33%) vs. Feb ‘18.
EARLY NEWS (WEEKNIGHTS)
- KTLA’s Monday-Sunday 6-7pm hour consistently tops veteran affiliate KCBS’ 6-7p news hour, and remains competitive with other weekday 4-6p local news hours in key demos. KTLA’s 6-7p news hour grew +33% with A18-49 (0.4) and +25% with A25-54 (0.5).
DOMINANT PRIME AND LATE NEWS
- 10-11p: News at Ten ranked #1Monday thru Sunday with Households (2.1 rtg, 111,000 impressions) to rank #1 in 10p Viewership.
- Both KTLA’s News at 10p and Sports Final generated #1 ranks with Households, Persons 2+, A18-49, A25-54, and M25-54 compared to other local newscasts. News at 10p ranked #1 for the 2ND consecutive February with A18-49 and FIFTH consecutive February book with
- 11-11:30p: KTLA News at 11p moved to the #1 A18-49 (0.6) Monday-Sunday 11p rank for the first time in a sweep, gaining +50% over Feb ’18 deliveries.
“Whether a special event or daily breaking news, KTLA’s news teams are dedicated to bringing the highest quality coverage to the viewers of Los Angeles, and we greatly appreciate their loyalty to the station,” said Jason Ball, VP/News Director, KTLA and VP Content Development, Tribune Media.
Source: Los Angeles Nielsen Live+SD
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 50 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 77 million households, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 54 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV, and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
220 East 42nd Street 10 FL
NY NY 10017