31 May KSWB/FOX 5 San Diego Morning News, News At 1PM, Late News and Weekend News Are #1 in the Market
San Diego, CA – May 31, 2019 – KSWB-TV (FOX 5), Tribune Broadcasting’s San Diego television station, is pleased to announce FOX 5 Morning News, FOX 5 News at 1PM, FOX 5 Late News and Weekend News are #1 with Adults 25-54 in the MAY 2019 Nielsen sweeps period. Furthermore, FOX 5 Morning News is #1 for 20-consecutive Nielsen Ratings from 6-7am (M-F) local morning news with Adults 25-54 & Adults 18-49 in the May 2019 Nielsen sweeps period.
“FOX 5 is dedicated to informing & serving the community, while connecting with our constituents on-air and through social media. I am extremely thankful for the loyalty of our viewers, and I’m very proud of our team’s relentless dedication to providing engaging news content,” said FOX 5 President/General Manager Scott Heath.
- FOX 5 Morning News is #1 from 6-7AM (M-F) for 20-consecutive Nielsen Ratings Books with Adults 25-54 & Adults 18-49, finishing May’19 with a 0.9 RTG with Adults 25-54 and a 0.8 RTG with Adults 18-49.
- Also, from 7-9AM (M-F), FOX 5 Morning News is #1 with Adults 25-54 & Adults 18-49 for 3-consecutive May Sweeps, finishing May’19 with a 0.9 RTG with Adults 25-54 and a 0.7 RTG with Adults 18-49.
- In the afternoon, FOX 5 delivers the #1 news from 1-2PM (M-F) with Adults 25-54 (0.4) and improved from a 0.2 RTG May’18 to 0.4 RTG May’19 with A25-54, 100% YOY growth.
- At night, FOX 5 News is the #1 Late News 10-11PM (M-Sun), posting a 0.9 RTG with Adults 25-54 for May’19.
- Then at 11PM (M-F), FOX 5 continues to grow its half-hour late news extension in the May’19 Sweep, FOX 5 News is #1 with Adults 25-54 (0.6 RTG) and Adults 18-49 (0.5 RTG).
- M-F 11p grew from 0.5 RTG May’18 to 0.6 RTG May’19 with A25-54, 20% YOY growth.
- On the weekends, FOX 5 News at 10PM is the #1 ranked late newscast from 10-11PM (Sat-Sun) in May’19 with Adults 25-54 (1.1 RTG) and Adults 18-49 (0.7 RTG).
- On the weekends, FOX 5 News at 5PM is the #1 newscast from 5-6PM(Sat) Adults 25-54 (0.4 RTG) and FOX 5 News at 10PM is the #1 ranked newscast from 10-11PM (Sat-Sun) in May’19 with Adults 25-54 (1.1 RTG) and Adults 18-49 (0.7 RTG).
“Everyone at FOX 5 is focused on delivering quality news coverage with context to engage users throughout the San Diego community, and we’re thankful for the continued support of our viewers across all platforms,” said FOX 5 VP/News Director Rich Goldner.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 49 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 75 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 49 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visitwww.tribunemedia.com.
220 East 42nd Street 10 FL
NY NY 10017