07 Aug KSWB/FOX 5 San Diego Morning News, Late News and Weekend News Rank #1 in the Market
San Diego, CA – August 7, 2019 – KSWB-TV (FOX 5), Tribune Broadcasting’s San Diego television station, is pleased to announce FOX 5 Morning News, FOX 5 Late News and Weekend News are ranked #1 with Adults 25-54 in the July 2019 Nielsen sweeps period. Furthermore, FOX 5 San Diego’s programs were 7 of the top 10 most viewed shows with Adults 25-54 in July 2019.
“FOX 5 is committed to delivering the best news with context and we are gratified to see our newscasts continue to resonate with viewers across all platform,” said FOX 5 VP/News Director Rich Goldner.
• FOX 5 Morning News ranked is #1 from 6-7AM (M-F), finishing Jul’19 with a 0.7 RTG with Adults 25-54.
• From 5-9AM (M-F), FOX 5 Morning News ranked #1 with Adults 25-54, finishing Jul’19 with a 0.6 RTG with Adults 25-54.
• At night, FOX 5 News is the #1 news at 10PM, FOX 5 News is the #1 local news from 10-11PM (M-F) with Adults 25-54 (0.9 RTG).
• FOX 5 Sports Final ranks #1 in the 10:45-11PM (M-F) time period with Adults 25-54 (0.9 RTG) & Men 25-54 (1.0 RTG) in Jul’19, beating news & network prime on the competition.
• Then at 11PM (M-F), FOX 5 News continues to hold it’s #1 rank with Adults 25-54 (0.6 RTG) in the Jul’19 Sweep period, growing year-to-year with Adults 25-54 (+50%).
• On the weekends, FOX 5 News at 10PM is the #1 ranked newscast from 10-11PM (Sat-Sun) in Jul’19 with Adults 25-54 (0.9 RTG), growing +29% respectively, year-to-year.
7 OF THE TOP 10 TELECASTS IN JULY WITH ADULTS 25-54
• FIFA Women’s World Cup Final 10.4 A25-54 RTG
• MLB All Star Game 5.7 A25-54 RTG
• FIFA Women’s World Cup Post Game Show 5.6 A25-54 RTG
• Big Bay Boom Fireworks Show 4.9 A25-54 RTG
• FIFA Women’s World Cup Semi-Final Match 3.6 A25-54 RTG
• MLB All Star Post Game Show 3.2 A25-54 RTG
• FOX 5 Sports Final 2.8 A25-54 RTG
(Source: NLTV San Diego, Mon-Sun 3a-3a All Telecasts Live+SD, Standard Calendar July 1 – 31, 2019)
“Our goal is to inform and serve the San Diego community both on-air and online, and we are grateful to our viewers for their loyalty and continued dedication to FOX 5,” said FOX 5 President/General Manager Scott Heath.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 49 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 75 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 49 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visitwww.tribunemedia.com.
220 East 42nd Street, 10 Floor
New York, NY 10017