16 Jun WTVR/Richmond, VA Wins 10 Emmy Awards
Station Honored for Best Morning Newscast, Best Feature News Report, Best Health/Science News, Best Education, Best Historical/Cultural News, Historical/Cultural Program, Best Writer – News, Best Photographer and Best Weather Anchor
Tribune Broadcasting is pleased to announce WTVR/CBS 6 in Richmond, VA has been awarded 10 Emmy® Awards by the National Capital Chesapeake Bay Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences at an award ceremony in Silver Spring, Maryland.
WTVR received 10 Emmy® Awards, the most in the state, and was the second most honored station in the region (Virginia, Maryland and DC) with WTVR reporter Greg McQuade winning 5 of the station’s 10 Emmy® Awards.
“We are honored to be recognized by our peers. The Emmy’s are a result of a news team which shares a passion for in-depth storytelling and informing viewers what’s important to Central Virginians. These accolades are a shining representation of the outstanding talent, creativity and dedication that thrive at WTVR,” said Stephen Hayes, President/GM, WTVR.
The National Capital Chesapeake Bay Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences 56th Annual Emmy® Awards honor outstanding achievement in the television industry.
The following are WTVR’s 10 Emmy® Award wins:
Feature News Report – Serious Feature: “The Cuban: A Stroke of Survival”
- Greg McQuade, Reporter; Tim Hawkins, Photographer
Health/Science News: “What Happens When You Die?
- Tracy Sears, Reporter; Chris Munnings, Photographer
Education: “Secret School”
- Lorenzo Hall, Reporter; Jesse Burkett, Photographer
Historical/Cultural News – Single Story: “The Most Hated Woman in Virginia”
- Greg McQuade, Reporter; Jesse Burkett, Photographer
- “JFK at 50: Witness to History” Greg McQuade, Reporter; Jesse Burkett, Photographer; Michael Bergazzi, Producer
- “I Wish I Was Never Born: JFK’s Haunted Secret Service Agent” Greg McQuade, Reporter; Jesse Burkett, Photographer; Michael Bergazzi, Producer
Weather Anchor: Zach Daniel
Morning Newscast – October 17th 6 a.m. Newscast
- Chris Westfall, Producer; Pierce Sharpe, Producer; Lauren Mackey, Senior Producer; Reba Hollingsworth, Anchor; Lamar Person, Photographer; Rob Cardwell, Anchor; Bill Anderson, News Director; Jerrita Patterson, Reporter; Jake Burns, Reporter/Photographer
Writer – News: “A Dark Day in Dallas”
- Greg McQuade, Reporter
Photographer: “No Time Limit”
- Timothy Hawkins
TRIBUNE MEDIA COMPANY is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. TRIBUNE MEDIA is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, available in 72 million households, Tribune Studios, and Tribune Digital Ventures, including the websites Zap2it and TVByTheNumbers, and Gracenote, one of the world’s leading sources of TV and music metadata powering electronic program guides in televisions, automobiles and mobile devices. TRIBUNE MEDIA also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds other strategic investments in media.